Diploma of Remedial Massage
Remedial massage courses offer a wide range of benefits, from working in amazing day spa facilities to working with elite athletes.
A remedial massage practitioner provides comprehensive treatment plans, based on a thorough examination of their clients, that address the causes of many musculoskeletal problems. If you complete your remedial massage course, and go on to become a remedial massage therapist, you will have the skills to treat clients ranging from office workers, athletes to aged care clients.
If you want to advance your remedial massage career, then ACST’s nationally recognised Diploma of Remedial Massage is one of the most well-respected in the industry.
What is Remedial Massage?
Remedial massage uses massage, stretching and associated techniques to improve wellness, health and relaxation. The benefits of remedial massage are numerous:
- Assisting in alleviating muscular tension and fatigue brought on by physical activity, age or physiological factors.
- Soothing muscular aches and pains allowing the body to relax, contributing to overall relaxation and wellbeing
- Improving circulation, which has benefits throughout the body including the muscles and vital organs, such as the heart.
- Improving oxygen circulation throughout the body.
- Increasing mobility, allowing people to increase physical activity and enjoy a better quality of life.
Benefits of Enrolling in a Remedial Massage Course
- The ability to work in an occupation that contributes to the general wellbeing of people.
- Opportunity to work in one of the most in demand industries with the highest amount of job vacancies in the health industry.
- You can work as an employee or as a subcontractor; working as a subcontractor offers the flexibility of working your own hours. You can even run your own practice!
- Understanding of the various factors that improve overall wellbeing, which means you can apply this knowledge to improve your own health.
- Ability to form relationships with physiotherapists, doctors and other health professionals. Remedial massage is a recognised form of allied health treatment, which means that health professionals will refer patients on to you.
- You have the chance to work with sporting professionals who see remedial massage as an integral part of their performance.
- You also have the chance to work in a variety of settings, including: clinics, sporting clubs, wellness retreats, gyms, spas and corporate massage environments.
What Remedial Massage Courses Does ASCT Offer?
ACST offers a Diploma in Remedial Massage, which can be completed over 2 semesters, or part time over 4 semesters. This course has no prerequisites. Our diploma has been specifically designed to allow entry at diploma level saving you from doing the certificate IV.
Our Diploma in Remedial Massage course is nationally recognised and government accredited, meaning that VET FEE-HELP is available. So you can enrol in the course and pay no fees until you start working.
So, if you’ve always wanted to gain knowledge about health and wellbeing, and wanted to work in an industry where you’ll be making a difference to people’s lives, our remedial massage course is perfect for you. There are no upfront fees, just expert advice and training from some of the leading experts in remedial massage.
Why Enrol with ACST for Remedial Massage Courses?
- Our nationally recognised remedial massage courses allow you to work anywhere in Australia.
- We are nationwide leaders in sports therapy training.
- We have a 90% success rate when it comes to our students gaining employment after completing their studies. In times of financial uncertainty, this is crucial.
- We are the only training organisation that offers students the chance at placements at elite clubs. These sorts of opportunities, combined with the 150 hours of hands-on work experience we offer at our campus clinic means that you’ll enter the work place with practical knowledge.
- All our trainers run their own practices, and pass on all the knowledge they have acquired during their time in the industry.
- We offer easy access to our academic staff and to learning tools. We offer personalised education—not just a course booklet and a weekly PowerPoint. Our class sizes are small, so you won’t get lost in the crowd.
- You can take advantage of the partnerships we have built with some of Australia’s to sporting organisations.
- We are centrally located in the CBD, giving you easy public transport access. No need to worry about car parking fees.
Please click here to download a full list of Course Fees
Advanced Diploma in Myotherapy
**Please note: Due to the recent changes in the massage sector our Myotherapy course will not be available until 2017. We are re-developing it to make it better and apologise for any inconvenience**
What is a Myotherapist?
A Myotherapist treats and rehabilitates musculoskeletal pain and the associated conditions resulting from improper posture, biomechanics, injury or arthritis and multiple sclerosis. These treatments are extremely important in helping people overcome suffering from many types of head, back and neck pain.
Myotherapy requires physical assessments at a client and the development of treatment plans to use a range of techniques on muscles, joints, nerves and organs. These include Myofascial dry needling, joint mobilisation, electro therapies (TENS), corrective / rehabilitative exercise and remedial massage techniques. People in this highly specialized and exciting field work closely with other health professionals such as physiotherapists and chiropractors.
Program of Training
This Nationally Recognized and Government Accredited course is VET FEE-HELP approved.
Full-time : 1 Year. [2 Semesters] Part-time available.
Pre-requisite: Diploma of Remedial Massage
Recognition of Prior Learning
An application for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) can be submitted by those whom hold relevant and current qualifications. Especially in the case of the applicant having worked in industry, ACST strongly encourages new students to consider an RPL process as it can substantially decrease the amount of units to be studied - effectively fast-tracking your qualification.
At ACST, 90% of our students enjoy employment after their course completion. 72% are working in their field of study. This is higher than average.
This qualification provides graduates with the advanced skills and knowledge required to establish and manage a private practice in Musculo-Skeletal Therapy. The focus of treatment is the rehabilitation of pain, restoration of mobility and treatment of injury to the muscles and joints.
Please click here to download a full list of Course Fees
Units of Study
Myotherapy Tools and Techniques
Dry Needling Therapy
Clinic Practicum 4